Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October has been a Wonder

Well, it's been an embarrassingly long time since I've last posted. I have not forgotten about you. I've just been preoccupied with my insane commute to school and my jujitsu training. Since my last post I've made the Vinegar Pie once (Notes from that venture will follow in a future post. My mother is keeping the photos hostage.) We've also had some guests from the Netherlands visit us at the Dojo, and I was kept busy with planning, entertaining, and training.

Today, I'm taking a breath. I'm house-sitting very close to my school, so my commute is easier and I have a kitchen to myself. I have a pumpkin roasting in the oven for pie, and another pumpkin on the counter waiting to go in. My best friend, Gamgee, mentioned that he loves cherry and pumpkin pies- but they have to be from scratch. Well, to me that is a challenge, and I gladly accepted. So, I picked up two little pie pumpkins and set out to find a method of cooking them for pies.

I found some instructions on EHow.

So far, so good! I'm going back to Momma's house on Sunday, so I'll pick up her recipe for pumpkin pie crust and finish this pie Monday.

Some time next week, I'll serve Gamgee and a couple other friends this pie with chocolate wine after a dinner of chicken marsala and mushroom stew. Yes, Gamgee is a lucky young man, and I think he knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment